pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, January 28, 2012

{new love : babyboy's arrival}

Oh the feelings that I have are indescribable. The second the nurse had laid Paxton on my chest in the delivery room, I felt like a totally different person. For those who aren't aware --- I was four days early and gave birth to a wonderful babyboy on Sunday, January 22, 2012 : he was born at 8:22pm and weighed 6lbs 6.9oz : he was 20in long :)

Welcome to The World :
Paxton Valentino Howell



My Story : 

My contractions started when I was at church with my mom. I had to walk around in the back aisles and swayed to the music until service started. I was able to sit through it &just pray to God to give me strength. 
Once we got home I thought that I should lay down on my left side &hug my body pillow. That didn't make things any better. I had to get on all fours so that my belly would hang, and I rocked my body back &forth. 

{I learned that "slow dancing" &letting your belly hang will help you cope w the labor pains at my prenatal class}

I started to time my contractions . . . each one lasted about 45 seconds to a minute and they were 2 minutes apart. Since I never had any Braxton Hicks contractions in the third trimester of my pregnancy; I thought to myself "This is a sign, I was finally having these Braxton Hicks" --- so I wasn't worried, I was curious. I called the hospital to let them know that I wanted to come in &get checked. Last time I got checked I was only 1 cm. dilated and 30-40% efaced {thinned out} So I thought that I would only be 2 or 3cm &that they would send me home after I got checked.

Me, mom and Robbie packed the car up just in case and headed to Elkhart General. The nurse put me on the machine to track my contractions &listen to Paxton's heartbeat. Then she checked my cervix and said that I was 4-5 cm dilated and 50% efaced! Me and mom started to tear up cos that meant we were staying at the hospital and I was going to have my baby!!!! 

To make this long story short. I tolerated my contractions until I was 5.5cm

{my birth plan was to go natural with no meds but I was open minded to an epidural}

When I hit 6cm my contractions got longer & more severe and that's when I asked for the epidural --- I ended up being 100% efaced when I was 7cm and shot straight to 10cm in a matter of seconds!!!! My labor was only 5 hours long &I only pushed for 25 minutes. My mom and tia Frances were my two support people in the delivery room. I asked to have a mirror in front of me so I could see babyboy come out while I was pushing . . . it was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen!!! 

I'm so proud and so happy that he is healthy and everything is where it's suppose to be. My little man deserves more than what this world can offer and I am so excited to watch him grow up.


-- Xo.


 His very first doctor's appt. with his pediatrician, Dr. Laura Munkel, was yesterday. It was a nurse visit to get his weight checked and to answer any questions I had . . . 


Not a very happy camper . . . 
He was 5 days old this day &gained a half a pound

{6.6lbs}

He is ONLY SIX DAYS old today and I looooooove how time seems like its in slow motion.
I cherish every moment that is spent with him.
I take pictures every hour it seems like &I love playing dress up with him

Here's some photos from this morning in his "jammies"


These were taken with my camera phone --- I try to edit them to make them more clear.
Isn't he such a doll?!

We went to Susie's house today &he got his newborn photo session started.
She took amazing photos!! 
He started to get fussy cos we were there for four hours so we plan on doing a second session very soon.

I'll upload &share once we get his second session done
but here's a sneak peek . . . 


Please go to Susie's Photography page &check out her talent!!!!

We'll see you tomorrow 
{xo}


No comments:

Post a Comment